- International transparency, by describing the degree programs by means of corresponding concepts and thus making the degrees easier to understand.
- International recognition of degrees: The understanding of degrees and of common concepts in the description of capabilities and know-how form the basis for universities and institutions of higher education for mutual recognition of their respective study programs. Transparency and recognition.
- The international mobility of students
In order to take into account the changing requirements for universities and provide reliable guidance to students, employers, as well as universities, quality assurance and accreditation procedures were introduced worldwide. The accreditation of a course of studies involves the guarantee of technical quality standards and the verification of its professional relevance. Accreditation can be awarded as a system accreditation or as a program accreditation.
To obtain basic membership, the AAC needs to gather more information on your institution, which has to be submitted to the AAC Office:
• A statement of why the university wishes to establish a formal relationship with the AAC.
• Contact details with contact person including the website URL.
• A brief introduction to the applicant body including an outline of the:
• Constitution and legal status;
• Mission statement;
• Summary of basic quality assurance activities of your university
There is a distinction to be made between full membership for a higher education institution and full membership for an accredited study program of an institution.
The awarding of the AAC logo stipulates that either a study program or a higher education institution as a whole has been tested and acknowledged for the highest quality standards in higher education.
- Accredited without conditions – passed without conditions
- Accredited with conditions – passed with conditions
Boardmembers & Staff
President Dr. Aignald Panneflek
(former Senior Policy Advisor, Ministry of Education)
Vice President Drs. Lysette Melfor
(General Secretary, Ministry of Finance)
Drs. Ann Welvaart MSc
(Lecturer Research methodology & Educational Science,University of Curacao)
Henry Burgers LL.M.
Nelson Genaro Navarro LLM.
(Former Minister of Justice)
Geneve Phillip-Durham, BSc, MBA, Candidate PhD
President Drs. Zulaika Mook
(Director Trans National Education, Ministry of Economy)
Sidiane S.O. Daal Laker MBA
(Lecturer University of Curacao)
Prof. PhDr. Dr. Dr. Dr. Christa Zuberbühler, MEd MBA MPA MSc
(Dean & Scientific Director Emca-Campus)
Dr. Joe Alcala
MD, Policymaker in the Ministry of Health, Environment and Nature
Nihaila Sambo MSc, CAMS
(Bank Examiner, Central Bank of Curaçao and Sint Maarten)
Keursly Concincion LL.M.
(Ombudsman of Curacao)
Drs. Floris Francis S. O. van Haren
(General Manager AAC Office)
Pablo D’Elia .MSc
Abigail Rivka Eendragt, BSc
Adriana Salazar, BSc
Valeri Frías, BSc